On our journey to Whole Health we begin to see the connection and interdependence we have to protecting the quality of our soil, food and water in order to obtain the essential nutrients we need for optimal health.
Take a major step in your journey by watching this film. http://vimeo.com/34578083 . If you would like to learn more or donate, please see the link below.
Article Posted by Dr. Mercola:
The Silent Time Bomb on Your Plate – When Will Your Moment of Truth Arrive? Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 26 2012 | 93,464 views. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/26/fresh-video-documentary.aspx
- The “faster, bigger, cheaper” approach to food production is unsustainable and contributing to the destruction of our planet and your health
- It is time to shift our food paradigm toward one that is more focused on natural, organic and independent community farms that practice polyculture, as opposed to monoculture
- Monoculture agricultural practices damage the soil, increase dependence on chemical fertilizers and pesticides, encourage the use of GMOs, and contribute to antibiotic resistant bacterial strains
- The argument that small independent farms cost more to operate and are less profitable is a myth that has been disproven by science
- Government subsidizes corn growers but not veggie growers, and massive food production monopolies like ADM and Cargill control the food chain from seed to plate, essentially holding farmers captive.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Adriana26 Feb 2012
thanks for share!
badaran10 Jul 2012
Couldn’t be composed any beettr. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He consistently kept discussing about this. I will send this blog post to him. Really sure he will have a very good read. Thanks a lot for discussing! Respectfully, Maryln.
Karr9 Sep 2012
An impressive share, I just given this onto a cogelalue who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!