On our journey to Whole Health we begin to see the connection and interdependence we have to protecting the quality of our soil, food and water in order to obtain the essential nutrients we need for optimal health.
Take a major step in your journey by watching this film. http://vimeo.com/34578083 . If you would like to learn more or donate, please see the link below.
Article Posted by Dr. Mercola:
The Silent Time Bomb on Your Plate – When Will Your Moment of Truth Arrive? Posted By Dr. Mercola | February 26 2012 | 93,464 views. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/26/fresh-video-documentary.aspx
- The “faster, bigger, cheaper” approach to food production is unsustainable and contributing to the destruction of our planet and your health
- It is time to shift our food paradigm toward one that is more focused on natural, organic and independent community farms that practice polyculture, as opposed to monoculture
- Monoculture agricultural practices damage the soil, increase dependence on chemical fertilizers and pesticides, encourage the use of GMOs, and contribute to antibiotic resistant bacterial strains
- The argument that small independent farms cost more to operate and are less profitable is a myth that has been disproven by science
- Government subsidizes corn growers but not veggie growers, and massive food production monopolies like ADM and Cargill control the food chain from seed to plate, essentially holding farmers captive.