Exercise more Efficiently and Effectively to Maximize Benefits and to Optimize your Health.
You may have heard of this High Intensity Interval Training and perhaps maybe some of you have tried this exercise technique.
My personal experience that led me to High Intensity Interval training “Sprint 8” Created by Phil Campbell
I have been very passionate about exercising since I turned 18. My high metabolism slowed down, I started to gain weight which meant I could no longer eat what ever I wanted. So besides following the Fat Free Diet Craze, I began vigorously exercising with aerobics, step aerobics then spinning.
I remember my workouts took an hour and sometimes and hour and a half – if I wanted to get in floor work. I would tirelessly strive to exercise with high impact classes for 4 to 5 days a week. I wasn’t noticing great results, I always had a huge appetite and surprisingly I was constantly getting sick and even didn’t have the energy to exercise anymore. How can this be? Isn’t exercise suppose to be so healthy for us?
During my studies at the National Institute of Whole Health (NIWH) to become a Wellness Professional, I began to understand the Big Picture of Health – One of the Aspects – Physical -which very clearly explained to me how our physical bodies work and it’s clearly not a puzzle broken up in parts and pieces. Our physical body is a whole made up of systems and organs that are dependent on one another. The course that drove this home for me was Stress and Disease. In short, chronic stress effects every system and organ of the body, breaks down the body and suppresses our immune system. Takeaway: stressing the body for a long period with exercise runs down the body, creates stress hormones in body and breaks it down.
Along with my studies at NIWH, I began to follow the Medical doctors who broke away from out current Sick Care system and became functional doctors – most of these doctors taught at NIWH. Many of these doctors were writing about the benefits of High Intensity Interval training.
Along with learning about cellular nutrition – feeding my cells the nutrition they need- and changing my diet, I also began interval high intensity training and well.. I have been doing this for the last six years! Here is why:
Benefits of “Sprint 8 -High Intensity Interval Training:
- Can be done in a total of 23 minutes with a minute and half warm up and cool down. ( or a warm up and cool down of 3 minutes 26 minutes total)
- Works all three muscle fibers: Slow twitch, fast twitch and super fast twitch.
- Anti Aging – Super fast twitch muscle fibers are turned on during the 30 second high intensity burst cardio – this is the key to continue to naturally produce human growth hormone. (Most people over 30 stop producing HGH).
- Jump starts your metabolism – after this workout, our body continues to burn calories.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Improves V02 Max – the amount of oxygen your body can consume – which improves Kreb’ Cycle thus metabolism
- Lowers body fat.
- Optimizes and helps maintain healthy blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Does not put the body in a chronic stress mode.
- No special equipment needed.
- 2 or 3 times a week is all you need along with continued strength, core and stretching exercising.
The High Intensity Interval Training routine:
- Warm up 1.5 or 3 minutes.
- Exercise as hard and fast as you can 30 seconds – should be very tough
- Recover for 90 seconds – go back to a comfortable speed.
- Repeat this and strive to get to 7 more times total of 8 sets.
It’s very important to get your doctor approval on any new fitness routine. Also, listen to your body and slowly work your way to 8 sets.
You can practice High Intensity Interval training with most any fitness routine such as walking then break out into a jog during your burst, bike riding(outdoor or stationary) or
…. (coming soon – Primal ReBOUND a whole health fitness studio)! I Bio Hacked Fitness.. All the benefits on the high quality mini trampoline – Rebound AIR; incorporating Sprint 8 as well as weight training.
Educate and Empower to Own your Health!
Roxanne Linton WHE,WHC,CCP
Owner Whole Health Today LLC; Primal ReBOUND